Friday, February 16, 2007

A note for all my loyal readers

Once again, I have nothing specific to report, and actually need to get going in like 5 minutes, but I just wanted to let all my loyal readers (I know there are so many of you out there) know that I may not be posting for a week or two.

We are traveling to Mombasa today (it's about a 14 hour train ride, right on the coast) and going to spend about a week in a rural village, Bodo. I am very excited, and a little nervous - there is no running water or electricty. And definitely no internet. So if you don't hear from me for a little while, this is why. I'm sure I will be posting an uber-long entry about my adventures when I get back, so save your energy for that. Don't worry, I have my malaria medicine, bug spray, head lamp and my journal all ready to go!

8 comments:

Paula said...

Melissa,
Love your blogs and enjoying every new day and new adventure. I'm here complaining about the 5 degree weather in NY while you are using every inconvenience, obstacle and test as a learning experience. Good for you and your good nature. Keep us posted. Love, Paula

Unknown said...

Have fun!

Karen B said...

What an incredible opportunity! I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Let me know when you return, then I can start pestering you to visit me in Kansas. Not nearly as exciting as where you are now, but still...

Unknown said...

your blog entries, rock my, world and cause of that i will wrock yours thats right HTML Encoding!

Katie said...

MELISSA!

ahhh. I have such terrible internet access here so I'm sorry it took so long to post!!

I hope things are going well in Kenya. And don't worry, I went through all of the same feelings you did. It's just a huge adjustment, to say the least.

I do have a cell phone, but its a limited amount of airtime and I think it might be expensive to call kenya, although im not sure.

I MISS YOU!

David Solomon said...

Yes! you finally get to to live in the no-electricity/water village where you have always wanted to go! lol...
Wow... what will you possibly do at night now that you can't go out to clubs (aka... apex. Well, now cobalt, lol) ... sit around the campfire and sing Kum-ba-ah? Or siyahumba? (I know that is an african song, but not sure if it is a Swahili love song or not, lol)
Have fun! I'll take an extra shower for you in spirit ;p

David

b. said...

A WEEK OR TWO? A WEEK OR TWO!??! --you're keeping me on the edge of my seat! bring back good stories :)

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.