Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oopps...

I realize that I’ve been delinquent in updating my blog, but I didn’t realize it had been almost a month. My apologies. There are a few reasons I’ve not written in a couple weeks, and it mostly boils down to feeling like I don’t have a lot to write. Work has still been going really slow, but like I said last time, I have faith it will change soon. But until then, I’ll spare you any more stories about work…they would all pretty much be me sitting in an office anyway, so not too different from what I did back in the states.

But I have been able to keep myself busy during non-work hours, which has been good for my sanity. I’ve been doing a lot of yoga and a lot of running. I’m training for a half-marathon in December, so I have to stay fit! It’s in Negril, and a bunch of volunteers are either running in it or volunteering, so I’m really looking forward to it.

I’ve also been getting a lot of visitors lately (one of the perks of being in Ocho Rios). This weekend a handful of people came up for the Ocho Rios Jazz Festival… which, despite the name, was not really a festival, and not really in Ocho Rios. There was a free concert on Friday afternoon, as well as a concert we were able to get into for free on Sunday (thanks to some smooth talking by Craig, a fellow volunteer). But we managed to keep ourselves busy for the rest of the weekend. Saturday was a full day – Dunn’s River Falls in the morning, and Blue Hole in the afternoon. Blue Hole is one of the most beautiful/ fun spots I’ve been to in Jamaica yet (see link to pictures below), and luckily, it’s only about 30 minutes from where I live. So I feel as though I’ll be going up there a whole lot this summer. And, since it’s a spot on the White River (the same river my organization works to protect), I can count trips up there as research trips, right?

That’s about all I have for today. Like I said, not much to update on right now. Hopefully I’ll have some exciting stories to tell you all in the next few weeks, so stay tuned…

More pictures for those who are interested:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2258074&id=5301199&l=b22a586126

No comments: